Saturday 27 January 2007

Wine




10 things you didn't know about wine.


1. Wine was invented in 1971 by actor Oliver Reed when he accidentally got a paper-cut and sucked the wound. The splurty red liquid (often called "claret") was quickly bottled!


2. Wine comes in Red, White (and green) varieties but you can also get it in "puce" "taupe" and "aquamarine" if you go to any interior decorator's house.


3. Although wine often accompanies a nice meal, the best thing to serve with wine is MORE wine.


4. Angry weasels can be repelled by throwing balloons filled with wine at their eyeballs.


5. The corks in wine bottles are individually inserted by otters in underground factories in Dubai.


6. Wine is actually pronounced "Weeeeeeeeeeeyiiiiiiiiinuhhhh".


7. A scene in the wine film Sideways in which Miles and Jack wake up in a parallel universe and battle psychotic robot chicken zombies was sadly cut and is now only available on the special edition Director's Cut.


8. A goldfish can survive for up to 7 days in a bottle of wine. On the 8th day, fishy will expect you to sleep with him and buy him dinner.


9. Wine should NEVER be mixed with custard. Ever. Stop it. Stop even thinking about it.


10. Smelling the "bouquet" of the wine before tasting it comes from the fact that in ancient times (pre 1981), people often laced their wine with traces of koala urine.



These facts are all 100% true.

4 comments:

Takkun4986 said...

WOW!!!! hun, you really just blow my mind lol!

Takkun4986 said...

oh by the way I almost forgot. When I turn 21 in April there's a really nice winery about 2 hours from where I live, and I'm definitely going... wish you could join me! I'll be sure to send pics pre and post intoxication!

Tora said...

That was absolutely amazing!

I feel so much wiser now, thank you Smy! Thank you That was indeed absoluuuuuutely sproggling!

Smylexx said...

I'm full of useful information. All my friends agree that i'm full of it.