Monday 12 February 2007

Chat Rooms


For those of you unfamiliar with the world of internet chatrooms and regularly used internet-speak, I thought it was my duty to ensure all of the Fishtank's readers are able to stride purposely (porpoisely) into ANY chatroom without fear, safe in the knowledge that their lingo would be "cool" and you would not be regarded as a "noob"*


The following is a list of popular chat buzz terms and definitions -


brb - Beating Rabbits Briefly - often used just before the person leaves the chat-room for a short period.


lol - Letting Off Loudly - used VERY often by people who, I assume are extremely flatulent.


omg - Ohno! More Gnomes! - used by people who seem extremely surprised. Since the most surprising thing to happen would be a team of gn*mes invading your house (probably holding various tools and clamps and pancake syrup), this HAS to be the right meaning.


pmsl - Poke My Smylexx Lots - only seems to be used when I'm in the room. Though since I'm not in the other rooms, I can't be sure.


afk - Another Flippin' Kangaroo! - used just before the person leaves the room for a short span to eradicate a large pouchy mammal from their kitchen or underwear drawers.


fyi - Feel Your Innards - used just after saying something dead clever. Probably to ensure the person hasn't exploded from using up their daily allowance of IQ points.


np - Not Purple - used by people to express there un-purpleness to the rest of the room.


ttfn - Touching Time For Norbert - used just before the person leaves the room to fondle a friend named Norbert.


ROTFLMFAO - Recently Ordered The Fried Lobster Made Flippantly And Overcooked - thankfully not used often.


*noob is a small crustacean with sharp mandibles and an ability to play the kazoo.

1 comment:

Tora said...

I am SO glad that you could enrich my mind with such valuable information.

Never again shall I feel uncomfortable in a chat room!

Thank you Smy.