Tuesday 27 February 2007

Fudge!


Since Cadbury refuse to answer my previous email, I decided to try a different approach.

Below is a copy of my recent suggestions to them:

Dear Chocolate People.

While shopping in my local supermarket I witnessed a scene in which a small boy was squealing loudly and causing his poor mother to be rather red-faced and upset.

Obviously I held back my own tears upon seeing this display of un-British behaviour but during the child's outburst, the mother offered to placate the child with a Cadbury's Fudge confection.
The toddler momentarily stopped his high-pitched wailing but shortly after began anew...with more vigour.

I bring this to your attention as it would appear that in today's 21st century lifestyle of Sony Playmate Stations and Ipogs that your advertising slogan "Just enough to give your kids a treat" may be a little out of date.

In light of this, I have come up with a few alternatives which may be more accurate:

"Fudge - Better than being attacked by weasels"

"Fudge - Perhaps not quite enough, but almost enough to give your kids a treat...maybe"

"Fudge - It's also covered in chocolate"

Or, if attempting to corner the homosexual market, perhaps -

"Cadbury - proudly fudge-packing since the 1900s"

I'd be grateful for your comments and, should you choose to use any of the above, i would only expect a 15% commission.


I expect an answer shortly....


Update!!

Thanks for your email Smy.

Many new advertising ideas and concepts are sent to us by our consumers andeach one is reviewed carefully by Marketing Managers.

Your slogans are thought to possess some of the qualities we would demand of ourAdvertising, but we regret that we will not be able to use your slogans on this occasion. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to assemble your ideas and emailing us for consideration.

Regards

Sarah Welch
Customer Relations

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

right you've clearly nicked my packer ideas. and we agreed fudge AND curly wurlies. hmm?

Kerry said...

That response is fanstastic!! I love that "Your slogans are thought to possess some of the qualities we would demand of our Advertising" and wonder if they're mainly referring to "Cadbury - proudly fudge-packing since the 1900s".
Hehehehe.

Colin Tuttle said...

Can I ask by what means you sailed through the isles of your local shopping mall? ( see what i did there with the sailed ,,,no,anyone,, anyone?, oh well!)

Is it some kind device that's powered by dwarf?

Smylexx said...

Ok, Ok, I cant actually leave my pool to go swooping through the supermarkets. That would be ridiculous.

I E-Shop in Virtual-Supermarkets instead.

Still just as irritating as the real thing. The e-customers bash their e-trolleys around and leave scuff marks on my hard-drive.

Tora said...

We don't have Cadbury's in Norway.

But thanks to the wonders of the intarweb and waterproof keyboards, Smy has given me a tiny little piece of its chocolate wondrousness.

Thank you <3